Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thursday: Catching up after the monsoon (10/14/10)

It's been so rainy lately, that either there's not been a whole lot of progress happening, or I keep missing chances to take pictures.  Which doesn't excuse me from taking pictures inside I suppose...

This is the beginnings of the new firebox in the living room.  We'll be using a linear gas insert rather than wood.  This decision was a hard one for me, as I do love the sounds of a wood fire, but the chimney never drew well, and we're much more likely to use this frequently.
They worked some more on pointing the stones in the chimney extensions...

...and completed the top and right edges of the stone wall that will serve as the back wall of the dining room, with some pointing left to complete.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment