Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday: Mock me, will you?! (4/9/11)

While shopping online for lights, Jack and I were both quite taken with these concrete pendant lights, and thought they could look good over the raised bar/counter behind the new kitchen sink.



So off I went to Michael's to buy some material for mock-ups - styrofoam balls (close to the same diameter) hung on embroidery floss.  Gorgeous, aren't they?!  They just glow...



These are one option for the multiple ceiling lights that would go in the new hallway.


I did a far less representative mock up of these just to check on the size, using the smaller 6 1/4" diameter option.  Actually, maybe the larger diameter would be better...  I'm thinking I'd like to be a lighting designer in my next life.  One who doesn't use materials from Michael's.

No comments:

Post a Comment