Thursday, April 26, 2012

Saturday: Finally back to the garden (4/21/12)

And our heads were somewhat cleared of fretting every day about house details, and we realized, "OH!  We have a garden in the back yard!"

I'll see if I can circle around, somewhat in order.  With carefully placed yellow decor (dandelions), we see the Weeping Norway Spruce (?), and the now-huge table-top pine that Jack's parents so graciously bought for us.  :)

Underneath the pine we have some fuzzy pulsatillas...

Then the wisteria bonsai, which has seen better days.

Itty-bitty irises...

A really huge arisaema...

A primula and epimedium (checked Wikipedia to make sure I spelled that right and came up with this:  ..."also known as Rowdy Lamb Herb, Barrenwort, Bishop's Hat, Fairy Wings, Horny Goat Weed, or Yin Yang Huo")

A cypripedium...

And another...

Orchids (?) and a primula...

A funky flower I can't name...  (although I'm kind of wishing I could call everything a Horny Goat Weed...)

Delphinium...


Polygonatum...  (and an ancient hellebore)

Primulas...  (which are apparently making a certain nearly-naked woman very sad)

A bog flower I can't name....   /moraea?/

Other itty-bitty irises...

A yellow spiky thingy...

And a white iris.  *phew*


No comments:

Post a Comment